It’s been two weeks since the last weekly review. I was pretty busy, both doing my work and hosting my sister. Yesterday, I drove her to JFK to fly back to Singapore, then to Vietnam. Honestly, I felt a little lonely after she left.
Back to my review. In the last two weeks, I almost finished my paper when we decided to postpone it and submit to another conference instead. That’s a good decision, I think. Anyway, the last two weeks were a success. Way to go, Truong!
Last two weeks
- [X] Write ACC paper and get comments from George. I finished, then we decided to postpone submitting it.
- [X] Contact Bin Yan about HVAC. We will have second meeting in two days.
- [X] Find a good application/example for my idea on temporal logic and verification. Reading some papers to look for a good example, probably in bio-systems.
- [X] Talk with Rahul about new problem.
- [X] Set-up meeting with George and Rahul.
- [-] Try to stay in good shape and survive this tough week. Survived, but not in good shape 🙂
- [X] Clean up my apartment, remove “old” stuffs.
- [X] Think about and set-up my new schedule.
- [X] Renew my short-term goals.
- [X] Check on my sister during her trip, ensure that she is OK.
- [X] Successfully host my sister during her trip.
Plan for next week
Starting this week, I will begin my new modified working and living schedule with strong focus on research/work and career. I’ve renewed my short-term goals, and I would need to work really hard to accomplish them. Thus I will be very busy in the coming months (up to 15 months). I might become MIA, as a result.
- [ ] Re-run building simulation.
- [ ] Revise my RHC paper on HVAC (several times). Submitted to ACC.
- [ ] Talk with Rahul and George, define new tasks for HVAC research.
- [ ] Talk with Bin Yan about HVAC research & collaboration.
- [ ] Read/learn more about HVAC & green buildings, find problems that I can work on. No need to rush, but really need to think about it.
- [ ] Become organized at work 🙂
- [ ] Read mathematical control theory.
- [ ] Follow my new modified schedule; revise it if necessary.
- [ ] Eat healthy.
- [ ] Exercise & gym & swim frequently (goal: get back in shape after 1-2 months).
- [ ] Contact the car rental company & the credit card company to figure how to solve the !*&@(* problem.
- [ ] (Probably) Close my Comcast account and open a new one; ask anh Hoan first.
- Read more.
- [ ] Contact that friend, build better & closer connection. Figure out what to do next.