This is my first weekly review of the year 2011. The Spring semester started last week, and so did the course CIS-800 which I administer. Besides that, I was too lazy and did not accomplish much. One problem happened to me last week. Somehow I felt very empty and set back, that I did not find any interest in doing anything. I don’t think I was too stressed. It seems like I temporarily lost my sense of direction of my life, probably due to the winter break, the very cold weather, and my severe flu just 10 days ago. I feel better now. I wrote down my resolutions for 2011. I wrote down all the principles I need to adhere to. I wrote down all my responsibilities, to myself and my family. I hope everything will be fine the coming week and this year.
Plan for next week
- [ ] Committee presentation
- [ ] Prepare slides and talks for the CIS-800 class.
- [ ] Work on the scheduling problem.
- [ ] (really should) Choose an E+ example and derive a GM for it.
- [ ] (really should) Formalize the “optimization on GM” problem.
- [ ] (optional) Set up experiment in E+.
- [ ] (optional) Draft the GM software.
- [ ] (if have time) Continue to learn more about GM, especially inference algorithms.
- [ ] (if have time) Update websites & CV.
- [ ] Learn language (regularly).
- [ ] Keep regular schedule (esp. sleeping).
- [ ] Exercise regularly.
- [ ] Read & learn more.
- [ ] Talk/chat with family at least once.